India Business Opportunities
Some very interesting data points to know:
- By 2025, Mckinsey estimates, India will have 69 cities with a population of more than one million each. Economic growth will center on them, and the biggest infrastructure building will take place there.
- By latest available estimates, average wealth per person increased from $900 in 2000 to $2,800 in 2015. (Report by New World Wealth)
- Online consumers are expected to cross 100 million by the end of 2017 from 69 million in 2016.
- Internet users to double to 829 million from 373 million in 2016
- 41% Indian parents funding kids' education more important than retirement saving
- India targets 500 million skilled workers by 2022
- 70% of the total vegetables and fruits produce is wasted
- There is 1 doctor per 2000 people in India
- India has become (in March 2017) the third-largest domestic aviation market in the world and ordered over 1000 planes (in May-June 2017)
All these point to numerous business and investment opportunities in areas like:
- Food & Beverage:
- Food processing, packaging and Storage, water and air purification, energy drinks
- Household Products: Home décor products, kitchenware, bed and bath, disinfectants etc.
- Medical devices/equipment, scanning and testing labs, etc.
- Development of disease specific herbal products following FDA guidelines
- Hospitals, Medical diagnostics, drug development and testing
- Training Programs: for teachers, automotive mechanics, medical technicians, etc.
- Courses in upcoming fields of genetics, nanotechnologies, artificial intelligence, robotics, etc.
- Degree colleges (medical/nursing), vocational institutes
- Coaching and tutoring
- Waste management, solar and wind technologies, temperature controlled warehouses, air and noise pollution control
- Towing trucks, automated parking lots