April 26, 2018:
1. The Government of India and the World Bank today signed a $125 million agreement to support India in developing an innovative biopharmaceutical and medical devices industry,
2. Indian Railways will soon cover almost 90% of India’s railways stations under wi-fi network.
3. The Indian ecommerce think tank, headed by Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu, may finalise the framework around ecommerce policy in the next six months.
4. Niti aayog will soon invite applications for Atal New India Challenge under which it will provide grants of upto Rs 1 crore (USD 160,000 appx.) to the applicants showing capability, intent and potential to productize technologies
5. Tata Industries Ltd, a subsidiary of Tata Sons, has announced that it will sell its e-learning solutions unit, Tata Interactive Systems, to Noida-based publishing services company MPS Ltd.
6. Ola has set up a Safety Council with an aim to further strengthen the mobility safety ecosystem in the country.
7. Katapult Accelerator is inviting startups from India to apply for its third cohort.
8. IDG Ventures, YourNest invest $2mn funding round in robotics startup emotix
9. Online travel marketplace TripShelf has raised fresh funding of Rs 1.6 crore ($240,000) from a group of professional investors.
10. Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered "SocialMob," a music and content app, on Monday announced its official launch in India.
11. Bengaluru-based startup research firm Tracxn Technologies Pvt. Ltd has raised more money in a fresh round of funding, reported VCCircle.
12. Grofers starts last mile delivery through third-party business partners, reported Entrackr.
13. SoftBank is reportedly transferring its $20 billion worth portfolio of ride-hailing firms including Uber, Ola, Didi Chuxing, Grab and Brazil’s 99 to SoftBank Vision Fund, reported FT.
14. Payments startup Simpl has appointed Prashant Kashyap as Senior Vice President.
15. Hyperdata.IO, Hyderabad-based Sales-Tech Startup, raises Investment from CCube Angels Network.
16. San Francisco and Bangalore based developer tools startup, Hasura raises $1.6 million in seed funding from Nexus Venture Partners and GREE Ventures.
Keywords: Investing in India, investment deals in India, investing in technology sector in India