India Startup Funding Update, Oct 9
Oct 9, 2018
1. Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance is planning to acquire India largest cable operator, Hathway Cable, and Datacom.
2. New Delhi-based B2B transportation solution provider GoBOLT has raised Rs 40 Cr in Series A funding round from impact fund advisory firm Aavishkaar from its Aavishkaar Bharat Fund.
3. California-headquartered company with an office in Bengaluru, Liferay has picked up a controlling stake for in Virginia-based Account-Based Marketing (ABM) business of Triblio.
4. Swiggy, in line with its expansion and growth strategy, is reportedly experimenting with the business-to-business (B2B) segment.
5. Tata Communications today announced that it is acquiring Teleena, a Netherlands based Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity specialist and mobile virtual network enabler (MVNE).
6. OptaCredit Fintech Pvt. Ltd, a lender to salaried borrowers, is in talks to raise $8-10 million in a Series A funding round from new venture capital investors, reported LiveMint.
7. Medical technology start-up SigTuple Technologies Pvt Ltd, which uses artificial intelligence (AI) to aid medical diagnosis, is in talks to raise about $40-50 million in fresh funds in a Series C round, reported LiveMint.
8. Mumbai-based Ipca Laboratories Ltd has acquired an 80% stake in US drug marketing company Bayshore Pharmaceuticals LLC for Rs 75 crore in cash.
9. Mumbai-based enterprise security company Aurionpro Solutions Ltd will acquire a 51% stake in Singapore-based banking technology firm Neo.Bnk Pte Ltd for Rs 10 crore.
10. Kishore Biyani-led Future Enterprises Ltd has agreed to acquire a majority stake in LivQuik Technology (India) Pvt. Ltd, a Mumbai-based startup that operates as QuikWallet.
11. SHAREit appoints Karam Malhotra as CEO for the Indian market
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, entrepreneurship in India