India Startup Funding Update, Sept 30
Sept 30, 2018
1. VC firm Unitary Helion has raised funds from US-based early stage Venture Capital firm Menlo Ventures for its $100M fund.
2. Gurugram-based logistics Unicorn Rivigo’s nearly 30 ex-employees have encashed on their stock options in the company, reaping in an estimated $10M.
3. Engineering company Greaves Cotton has entered a definitive agreement to acquire majority stake of 67% in Ratan Tata backed electric vehicle maker Ampere Vehicles for Rs 77 crore.
4. Enterprise mobility and digital transformation solution provider ONGO Framework has acquired digital marketing agency Hockystick Media in an undisclosed cash and equity deal. ONGO Framework has also raised $1 million (about Rs 7 crore) as part of its seed round.
5. Real estate veterans Anuj Puri and Yash Gupta along with CapitalM, the family office of realty developer RMZ Corp, plan to launch a $100M early-stage fund to invest in companies in the expanding property technology (proptech) segment, reported DealStreetAsia.
6. The Chennai Angels (TCA) has announced a Rs 2 Crore investment in Chai Kings, the largest Chai Retail Chain in Chennai.
Keyphrases: Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Raising Funds in India