Looking for Investor in Growing Food Franchise Amritsari Express in India
Industry Type: Food
Looking For: Investor
Name: Bharat Gupta
- 8 stores with the turnover of 1.1 million USD. they have never advertised in mainstream media
- Needing investment for:
- Building the brand name
- Open more outlets.
- the company is already in operation since past 13 years and is a profit making venture.
About Amritsari Express:
- Established as GKJ Special Foods P. Ltd. In 2005 by Bharat Gupta and Navneet Jain.
- Speciality food chain with focus on Punjabi and Amritsari food in true amritsari flavors and style.
- Short menu and specific Amritsari flavour retained by standard recipes;
- Tandoori Kulcha’s & Chur Chur Naan are one of the best kulcha’s / Chur Chur available in Delhi
- Ingredients sourced from Amritsar itself for their preparation.
- Menu items are 5 types of dishes – Amritsari Choley – Amritsar ki kadi – Rajma – Ma ki Dal – Amritsari paneer
- Known for its taste, quality we now rank in top 3 outlets of Food Court.
- Self audit system for quality and use branded raw material only.
- 2011: Rs. 70 Lac
- 2014: Rs. 2 Crore
- 2017: Rs. 5.10 Crore
- India’s food services industry will be worth Rs. 4.98 trillion by 2021, according to a report by the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI).
- The size of the total market, both organized and unorganized, was Rs. 3.09 trillion in 2016 and NRAI’s estimates take into account a 10% compound annual growth rate.
- According to the industry lobby group, the restaurant sector is expected to contribute about 2.1% to the country’s total gross domestic product (GDP) by 2021.
According to a report by Grant Thornton:
- More than half of the country’s 1.2 billion people are under the age of 30 years. This young population, aspiring to improve its standard of living, is expected to drive the growth of the country’s consumption-led food and beverages sector.
- Franchising of outlets is expected to become the most preferred mode of expansion.
Recent deals (Source: journals)
- "Aditya Birla Private Equity (ABPE) sold its entire investment in Olive to another PE fund, realizing a 2.3x on the original investment.
- L Catterton Asia, the investment arm of French luxury goods conglomerate LVMH, acquired a controlling stake in Impresario Entertainment & Hospitality, which owns fine dining restaurant brands Smoke House Deli and Social. The deal values restaurateur Riyaaz Amlani’s Impresario at Rs400-450 crore.
- Massive Restaurants Pvt. Ltd, owned by celebrity food writer and chef Jiggs Kalra raised Rs 100 crore from private equity fund Gaja Capital to fund expansion.
- Bharat Gupta: Director
- Navneet Jain: Director
Presence in Cities
- Dwarka, Delhi
- Pacific Mall, Delhi
- Great India Place, Noida
- GGM, Noida
- Mahagun Metro Mall
- Pacific Mall, Ambience Mall, Gurgaon
Keywords/Keyphrases: Investing in india, india franchise opportunities, india investing in food franchise, india food business opportunities
Project Tags: Investor, Food