Submitted by Navin Pathak on Tue, 04/21/2015 - 10:51pm.
The following is the checklist that I follow before and during my trip to India.
- Check the expiration date on your passport and visa
- Leave copies of your passport, visa, and itinerary with a friend/relative
- Put a hold on your Mail delivery or have a friend/relative collect your mail
- Determine if you can save money by reducing your Internet, and phone service during your absence
- Check travel, medical insurance coverage
- Leave your house keys and your India contact numbers with a friend/relative
- Determine if you need to notify your utility providers like gas, electricity, and water of your absence
- Determine if you need to winterize your house if traveling during cold months
- Inform your bank and other credit card companies about your trip to India and possible use of credit cards and cash withdrawal
- For money matters, I do two things 1) carry adequate cash and 2) If I need cash in India, I use my online account with either of the three to transfer funds from my US bank: Western Union, Moneydart and Transfast.