April 18, 2019
1. Amazon buys US-based warehouse robotics startup Canvas Technology
2. Premium Organic Wellness Startup for women, Azah, Raises Seed Funding of $200K from Angel Investors
3. Indiastack members Sahil Kini and Nikhil Kumar have launched a fintech platform called Setu and raised $3.5 million in a seed round led by Lightspeed India Partners
4. Mumbai-based skills fintech NBFC, Eduvanz Financing Raises $2M from Unitus Ventures and the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
5. Smile Group has invested $1 million in a seed round of Indipepper Media Pvt. Ltd, which operates real money gaming startup Zupee
6. Airbnb has invested about $75 million in the Series E funding round of OYO, According to the company’s filings with the Registrar of Companies (RoC) sourced by paper.vc.
7. RentoMojo is in discussions to close a fresh funding round of up to $40 million from existing investors as well as a new investor, reports DealStreetAsia.
8. 500 Startups India’s former partner Pankaj Jain has jumped in the entrepreneurial pool with startup advisory firm – Founder Craft, reports Entrackr.
9. British multinational publishing and education company Pearson plc has launched a venture fund, Pearson Ventures, with an initial capital commitment of $50 million over three years, to invest primarily in early-stage startups with Series A and B rounds, in US, the UK, Brazil, South Africa, India and China.
10. Tech-driven insurance startup Lemonade Inc has raised a $300 million funding round led by Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India