Feb 19, 2019
1. Kalaari Capital has added three new venture partners in its leadership team as it gears up to raise a $200-million fourth India-dedicated fund this year.
2. Women-only community platform Sheroes has acquired Bengaluru-based women’s health app Maya in an all-stock deal.
3. Oracle is set to launch its first India data centre later this year
4. Peer-to-peer (P2P) lending startup LiquiLoans has raised Rs 12 crore in a pre-series A round from investors led by Matrix Partners.
5. OYO has been in talks to acquire Innov8, a co-working company with presence in four cities in India, reports Entrackr.
6. Car maker Maruti Suzuki on Monday launched a program - Mobility & Automobile Innovation Lab (MAIL) to tap into the start up world and promote innovation in India for automobile and mobility space.
7. Bounce, a bike and scooter rental platform has raised over $7 million in Series B round from Chiratae Ventures, Accel India, Sequoia India and On Mauritius.
8. Flipkart promotes Rishi Vasudev to head Myntra-Jabong's fashion & lifestyle categories
9. ITI Growth Opportunities Fund, which invests in early-stage startups, has made its first investment in RevOS, an operating system for electric vehicles.
10. ShareChat has reportedly Banned 50K Users As Part Of Clean Content Drive
11. Infibeam Avenues has entered into a binding agreement to sell its subsidiary Infinium India to Ingenius E-commerce for Rs 60 crore.
12. Health tech startup Optra SCAN will be investing Rs 50 crore towards a new manufacturing set up for its digital pathology solutions.
13. Tamil Nadu Govt Launches Startup Policy on Jan 19th, setting up a startup fund, to be called Tamil Nadu Startup Fund of Funds, with a corpus of Rs 250 Cr ($21 Mn) for investments in startups.
14. Gastrotope, the agrifood startup accelerator founded by Taizo Son’s Mistletoe, Rajesh Sawhney, and Infobridge, has picked five startups for its first cohor - Brown Foods, Credible, Fasal, Occipital Technologies & Triton Foodworks.
15. Hitachi Payment Services (HPSPL) will purchase a 26% stake in SBI Payment Services (SPS) by investing between Rs 1,250 crore and Rs 1,500 crore.
16. Meenakshi Group Sets $10M ‘Meenakshi Multiples’ Start-up Fund, Announces first investment by picking up a 6% equity in Hyderabad based co-working venture ‘iKeva’
17. Used Car Marketplace Truebil Raises Rs 100 Cr in a Mix of Equity & Debt in Its Series B Round
18. Online baby products retailer Firstcry has received around $150 million as a part of $400 million round from Softbank at $850M valuation, reveals RoC filings with MCA.
19. Paytm Mall is very close to scaling down its B2C consumer business, shifting focus on B2B business, reports Entrackr.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India