India Startup Funding Update, Jan 12
Jan 12, 2019
1. Tata Group begins due diligence to buy Jet Airways from Naresh Goyal
2. On-demand task management app Dunzo is in advanced discussions to raise $25 million (about Rs 183 crore) from investors including Google, reports ET.
3. Ashish Choudhary, EVP and chief business officer of Nokia Networks, may join Apple as its India head.
4. French car ride-sharing app Blablacar had offered to buy Ouibus, a bus operator owned by state rail firm SNCF, and also raised $114 million in funding from investors including SNCF, which will become a shareholder.
5. Alternative financing firm Anicut Capital is looking to raise Rs 1,000 crore for its second and largest fund yet.
6. German business software company SAP has agreed to buy Qualtrics International for $8 billion in cash just before IPO.
7. Tiger Global Management has made its first investment of $3 million in CheckMate.
8. Grocery delivery platform Milkbasket has raised close to $1.37 million (Rs 10 crore) in a fresh round of funding from US-based venture capital firm Mayfield Fund, reports VCCircle.
9. Kolkata-based Monest, a real estate platform that helps consumers search for property agents, share their requirements, and rate them, is in talks to raise Series A round of funding from wealthy individuals and developers, reports VCCircle.
10. DriveU Closes a Mezzanine Round of Rs 7 Cr Led by Stevens Creek Ventures
11. Indian drugmaker Cipla to acquire US-based speciality drugmaker Avenue Therapeutics for as much as $215 million (Rs 1,560 crore).
12. Homegrown private investment firm IndiaNivesh has marked the first close for its maiden turnaround fund, reports VCCircle.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India