India Startup Funding Update, Oct 2
Oct 2, 2018
1. Google is expanding its Neighbourly app to five more Indian cities including Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Mysore, Vizag and Kota. The app was first rolled out to Mumbai and Jaipur.
2. ShiftKarado, a tech-oriented packing and moving company, has raised an additional funding of Rs 5 Crore (USD 700K) from Star WorldWide Group. The funding was received in various rounds, with the final tranche coming in month.
3. Fintech platform Bon has raised $1.1 million (Rs 7.8 crore) in seed funding.
4. E-pharmacy startup Pharmeasy has raised Rs 40 crore (USD 5.7 Million) of debt funding from InnoVen Capital and working capital lines.
5. Gurugram-based multi-brand loyalty management company for retail enterprises, Payback is planning to expand its reach to neighbourhood kirana stores with point of sale (PoS) terminals.
6. Bengaluru-based vernacular knowledge sharing platform Vokal has raised $6.5 Mn in a Series A round of funding from Bengaluru-based venture capital (VC) firm Kalaari Capital.
7. Andhra Pradesh government has launched a mobile app called e-Rythu to reach out to farmer and agriculture marketplaces.
8. Pune-based Rev Snacks Pvt Ltd, the company that sells fruit snacks under the brand Frubites, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding led by the Mumbai Angels Network.
9. Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd has agreed to acquire ET Water Systems Inc., a California, US-based company that offers irrigation technology products
Keywords: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India