I lost my Indian Visa, what should I do?
People who lose their passport with their valid Indian visa must contact their respective country's Embassy for their new replacement passport and apply for an exit visa with the
Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO), Government of India.
This process takes up to 2-3 business days. You cannot leave India
without this visa. More information on obtaining an exit visa will be
provided when you come to apply for a replacement passport. Exit visas
are not issued on weekends or Indian holidays.
Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO)
Level 2, East Block 8
Sector 1, R.K. Puram
(Behind Hyatt Regency)
Phone: +91-11-2671-1348 / 1443
Hours: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
Lunch: 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm
You must report the loss of your passport and visa to the local Indian Police and obtain a police report. Please report the loss of the visa to the Fraud Prevention Unit at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Your name, date and place of birth, and nationality.
2. Your address and phone number.
3. A photocopy of the lost visa, if available, or the date and place of issuance, if known.
4. A photocopy of the bio-data page of your lost passport, if available. If not, the nationality and number of your lost passport as well as the issuance and expiration dates, if available.
5. Circumstances of the loss: When and how your passport was lost or stolen.