Doing Business in India
Did you know:
- U.S. goods exports to India in 2013 were $21.9 billion, up 339% from 2003
U.S. goods imports from India totaled $41.8 billion in 2013, up 220% from 2003
- India’s GDP growth for FY 2012-13 was 5%
- The total wealth of India has tripled in a decade to $3.5 trillion and is expected to double again in the next 5 years (source: Credit Suisse)
- The urban-household income would top $4 trillion in next 20 years (US Dept. of Commerce)
- India is expected to invest $1.2 trillion on its infrastructure over next 2 decades (Source: McKinsey)
- By 2020, additional 800 universities and 35,000+ colleges are required to enable the targeted 46 million children to avail college education
All this spells opportunity for US businesses, entrepreneurs and investors.
Exporters with the right products/services can readily find buyers, US entrepreneurs can benefit by innovating unique solutions for the Indian market in partnerships with Indian entrepreneurs. Investors can find highly profitable investment opportunities.
".....the United States recognizes the benefits that can come from collaborative commercial relationships with Indian firms, especially in new technologies" - Francisco Sánchez, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade USA
The intent of this site is to provide timely and reliable information, and practical support to SMEs and entrepreneurs so they can succeed in their business initiatives in India. For example, 'News you can use' offers news items that can directly affect your business in India, 'Events' lists selected business conferences & expos where you can meet potential partners and experts, ' Money Transfer ' displays US$-Indian Rupee exchange rate in real time and the best way to send or receive money from India.
We invite you to browse our "India Opportunity" reports and "India Business and Travel Guide", especially designed for small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs. Here you will find comprehensive information on practical aspects of expanding your existing business to India or starting a new business in India.
If you need a helping hand with any aspect of your India initiative: from market research, finding local partners to business execution, feel free to contact us. Entry India's experienced staff is delighted to work with you.
Now is the time for SMEs and Entrepreneurs to enter the rising Indian market. India is beckoning U.S. companies. Let us take you there.