Items prohibited for Import into India.
If you are traveling to India, you must be aware, before hand, of the items which you must NOT carry with you when you land at any port (Air or Sea) in India. There have been many instances where people who carried these items to India even by mistake got into trouble with Indian authorities.
The items include:
- Maps and literature where Indian external boundaries have been shown incorrectly.
- Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
- Good violating any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights
- Wild life products
- Counterfeit Currency notes/coins or fake currency notes
- Specified Live Birds and Animals.