CG of India in NY together with Navin Pathak, COO at Entry India visited Vermont to discuss Business Opportunities
(Navin Pathak, Mr. Randhir Jaiswal (CG of India in NY), Tim Tierney and Vipul Dev)
Mr. Randhir Jaiswal, Consul General of India in NY together with Mr. Vipul Dev, Consul at CGNY, and Navin Pathak, COO at Entry India, made a 2-day visit, Dec 9-10th, to the north-eastern State of Vermont, US, to discuss the business opportunities between India and Vermont.
Sectors discussed in the talks: Aerospace & Civil Aviation, Value-Added Food Production, Advanced Manufacturing (semiconductor, precision machining), Medical Device, Education, Software Development and Information Technology.
In his discussions with the officials from the State of Vermont, the Consul General stressed the natural resonance in the US-India relationship. He talked about the following areas of interest in which India is focused on its relationship with the US:
- Defense and security
- Health partnership
- Renewable energy partnership
- Knowledge partnership
- Education: student exchange, research, university to university collaboration.
The discussions at Vermont Center for Emerging Technology (VCET) focused on the ways in which the startups from both US and India can connect, share their experiences and use each others' networks to expand their market reach in the two countries.
At the University of Vermont, CG talked about the recent developments in India's education sector in which the Govt. of India has for the 1st time allowed foreign Universities to open their campuses in India. He talked about the news policies that allow and recognize dual degrees, joint programs, joint degrees, and the movement of credits between universities in India and the US.
Officials we met from the State of Vermont:
- Tim Tierney, Director of International Trade and Business Recruitment
- Lindsey Kurrle, Secretary at the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Anson Tebbets, Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets
- Chris Carrigan, Vice President of Business Development at the Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- David Bradbury, Director at (VCET)
- University of Vermont's team
- Kirk Dombrowski, Ph.D. Vice President for Research
- Linda S. Schadler, Dean of the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Christopher Koliba, Director of Office of Engagement
David Bradbury, Mr. Randhir Jaiswal, Tim Tierney, Vipul Dev and Navin Pathak
Vipul Dev, Tim Tierney, Mr. Randhir Jaiswal, Lindsey Kurrle and Navin Pathak
David Bradbury, Navin Pathak, Mr. Randhir Jaiswal and Vipul Dev
Navin Pathak, Linda S. Schadler, Mr. Randhir Jaiswal, Christopher Koliba and Vipul Dev