2018 Global Business Summit
Friday, September 7, 2018 - 8:00am to 11:00am
Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center
900 Scudders Mill Road
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Event Website: http://web.princetonchamber.org/events/2018Global%20Business%20Summit-701/details
Tariffs, Technology & Trade: Transforming Our Global Economy
Melanie Willoughby currently serves as the Executive Director of the New Jersey Business Action Center (BAC). The BAC is the State’s “one-stop” shop for business and is responsible for efforts in attracting, retaining and growing businesses in New Jersey.
Melanie will cover these key points:
- International Trade presents a great opportunity for companies to expand their customer base and sell more. In 2017 New Jersey Exported $34.5 billion worth of goods and services around the world, up from $31.2 billion the year before.
- Have you wanted to enter the International marketplace but do not know where to begin or who to start with?
- Located at the BAC, the Office of Export Promotion will help your company begin or continue learning the “how to” of exporting.
- The BAC’s Global Business Advocates can offer guidance in identifying global business opportunities, helping locate buyers and potential markets, test local demand and connect your company to a team of local partners all the way to the other side of the world.
- Learn how a NJSTEP exporting grant can help offset the cost of you doing business overseas.
David Weild IV is a stock market expert best known for his position as Vice Chairman of NASDAQ. He is currently the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Weild & Co. Inc., parent company of the investment banking firm Weild Capital, LLC.. Weild is also known as the "father" of the JOBS Act, and has been involved in drafting legislation for the US Congress.
- Trade Wars: Right or Wrong?
- Challenges in Global Markets
- JOBS Act to JOBS Act 3.0 – Trends in capital formation and how “Unicorns” may harm the economy
This signature event includes:
Two Keynote presentations
International and regional business connections
Full breakfast buffet
Opportunity to interact with specific country business experts: Japan, India and Canada
Interaction time with State officials and resources to obtain your business development answers
Keywords: International Business opportunities, India business opportunities, ENTRY INDIA guide, investing in India, Investing in Japan, Investing in Canada, doing business in India