Effective vendor development will assist in opening up a huge window of opportunities for the MSMEs at one end and better quality and quantity of vendors for the large enterprise at another end. It also helps in business continuity and sustainability. Gujarat is a hub of Pharma companies and has the highest number of WHO compliant factories in India.
Also presently our Hon’ble Prime Minister has emphasized Atmanirbhar Bharat which means not only Made in India but also Procured from India.
Given this background, CII Vadodara is organizing a “Vendor Development Program” on Thursday 3 September 2020 from 1000 – 1400 hrs under which the Operations and the Procurement Heads from leading Pharma manufacturing units of Gujarat would give detailed presentations on:
- Their procurement needs
- Pain points
This initiative will create a linkage between large industries with local MSME & SME’s of Gujarat which may result in mutually beneficial long term relationship. On the other hand, it would be a great platform for large units to connect & explore new vendors in Gujarat for their expansion plan and building existing capabilities.
- To increase the Supply Chain dependence on Indian MSMEs
- To create business opportunities for MSMEs with Large Companies
- To develop a platform which gives MSMEs an opportunity to be the supplier of the Large Pharma Units
- Provide an opportunity to MSMEs to showcase their capabilities to Large Pharma Units
- To create a sustainable ecosystem where both SME’s & MSME’s and Large Units can benefit out of each other
- To facilitate Large PharmaUnits to find credible and capable local suppliers