FIEO, in its efforts to sensitize members, has organized a series of sessions in the recent past pertaining to testing and certification especially. In this direction, FIEO in jointly association with SGS India Private Limited is organizing the Interactive Webinar on Business Opportunities and Challenges for Food Exporters.
Date and Time: 5 Aug | 3 PM
India is a major producer of agricultural items, however, its total agricultural export basket accounts for a little over 2.5 percent of world agricultural trade. To increase our export basket, there is a need to move in the value-added segment. Besides, maintaining the quality/standard of food products for the international market is also a challenge as raw materials are seasonal (e.g., fruits and vegetables) and heterogeneous (e.g size, age & weight of livestock, marine products etc.) in nature. Further, use of chemicals/drugs (e.g., pesticides in agriculture and growth hormone in livestock breeding) is also a matter of concern for the food processing units. The webinar will broadly cover the following aspects:
2. Manufacturer/Traders/Exporters : Food Safety Assurance and retail market
- Retail chain certification program and its advantages.
- GFSI benchmarking.
- Opportunities and challenges for small and medium size manufacturers- Global Market Program.
- Assurance of food safety during storage and distribution - Key area for success.
- E-commerce- How the supply chain is ensured?
3. Q & A Session