Florida International Trade and Investment Conference
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 5:30pm to Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 5:00pm
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
50 Alhambra Plaza
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Event Website: https://bit.ly/2UWpJib
Contact: Dan Tapia, email@example.com
The Florida International Trade and Investment Conference is the only statewide inbound mission program dedicated to promoting Florida as a destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) and developing business to business relationships to grow two-way trade. Designed to bring trade ready Florida businesses, economic development organizations, industry associations with partners in global markets to build business connections and promote investment opportunities in Florida.
The program will present a series of keynotes, panels, workshops and a diverse networking opportunities. FITIC will feature:
May 29, 2019
International Business Council Meeting (Invitation Only) Ι 3:30 p.m.
Consular Corp Welcome Reception In Partnership with the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Ι 5:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
May 30, 2019
Registration and Breakfast Ι 7:30 a.m.
Opening Remarks Ι 8:30 a.m.
Why This Matters Ι 9:00 a.m.
Today Florida is a $1 Trillion economy and would rank 17th in the world. How can we grow Florida into a top 10 global economy by 2030?
Alice Ancona, Director, International Strategy & Policy, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Neil Herrington, Senior Vice President, Americas, US Chamber of Commerce
- Lee Sandler, Partner, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
Morning Plenary Ι 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Florida – Your Platform for Trade, Your Partner in the Americas
As the undisputed hub of the Americas, Florida is not only a platform to enter the rest of the U.S., but a platform to enter Latin American markets. As a center for international arbitration and advanced manufacturing, Florida has strategic assets that it can leverage to deepen commercial ties within the region.
- Donna Hrinak, President, Boeing Latin America
Session 1: Latin American Market Outlook – Opportunities Remain Amidst a Slowdown
Continued trade tensions and political uncertainty within key trade partners in Latin America: What does this mean for Florida? How can we continue to grow in a disruptive age?
- Nathaniel Karp, Chief U.S. Economist, BBVA Compass
Session 2: Connectivity, Logistics & Security – Unleashing E-commerce and Trade in the Americas
Learn how the logistics, financial, and technology sectors are evolving to meet the growing demand for access to e-commerce platforms and on-demand delivery and how can Florida capitalize on this opportunity.
- Emir Pineda, Manager, Aviation Trade & Logistics, Marketing Division, Miami-Dade Aviation Department (moderator)
- Gary Goldfarb, Chief Strategy Officer at Interport Logistics
- Frank Diaz, Executive Vice President, Logistics and Distribution Pricesmart, Inc.
- Jaime Basagoitia, General Manager, Trans Express, Inc
Networking Break Ι 11:30 a.n.- 12:00 p.m.
Luncheon – Keynote Address Ι 12:00 p.m.
- Lt Gen Mike Plehn, Military Deputy Commander, United States Southern Command
Afternoon Industry Breakout Sessions Ι 1:30-3:30 p.m.
The afternoon breakout will focus on in key industry drivers for our economy. They will provide attendees to network and connect with fellow industry professionals and explore:
- How do our foreign investment relationships help us import?
- How do our foreign investment relationships help us export?
- How do our foreign investment relationship help us attract more investment?
Life Sciences, MedTech, BioPharma, HealthIT – presented by BioFlorida
Learn about Florida’s growing medtech and life sciences industry and hear from life science executives and thought leaders on opportunities.
- Karen Moore, CEO, Moore Communications
- Juan Carlos Varela, Vice President, Restorative Therapies Group Latin America at Medtronic
- Norma Sue Kenyon, Ph.D.Martin Kleiman Professor of Surgery, Microbiology & Immunology and Biomedical Engineering, Chief Innovation Officer, Miller School of Medicine, Vice Provost for Innovation, University of Miami
- Ezequiel Zylberberg, PhD. Manager, Strategic Alliances, Akron Biotech
Learn from industry leaders in Florida’s aerospace sector, how to tap into R&D partnerships and connect with talent and commercial opportunities.
- Kerry Scarlott, Partner, BakerHostetler (moderator)
- Mark Bontrager, Vice President, Spaceport Operations, Space Florida
- Andrew Aldrin, Director of the Aldrin Space Institute, Florida Institute of Technology
Infrastructure – presented by the Florida Chamber Infrastructure Coalition
The session consists of rapid project presentations from the public sector as well as brief presentations from stakeholder institutions focused on providing project support. The session will be interactive and designed to create business development opportunities with the industry leader in attendance.
- Alice Ancona, Director, International Strategy & Policy, Florida Chamber of Commerce (moderator)
- Carlos Castro, Freight Coordinator, Florida Department of Transportation
Conclusion of Conference Ι 4:00 p.m
Special Thanks to Our Partners
- Beth Kirkland, Executive Director, Florida Economic Development Council
- Mark Trowbridge, President & CEO, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Preston, Executive Director, Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities
- Inmaculada Gutierrez, Trade Commissioner, Spain
- Karen Moore, CEO, Moore Agency
- Nancy Bryan, President & CEO, BioFlorida
- Maximiliano Sepulveda, Coordinator, Association of American Chamber of Commerce in Latin America and the Caribbean