The Foreign Trade and Investment Committee of the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry is organizing a Webinar on the Impact of pandemic COVID-19 on Global Trade Outlook: Implications for India on Monday, 7th September 2020 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. The objective of the Webinar is to discuss the impact of pandemic COVID-19 on Global Trade and subsequent deceleration in global economic prospects and implications for the Indian economy.
Eminent global experts from trade and industry will be sharing their views on the Impact of pandemic COVID-19 on Global Trade Outlook and Implications for India, going forward.
The agenda of the webinar is to discuss the on-going global trade outlook amid the pandemic COVID-19 scenario and implications for India in terms of global supply chains and prospects for exports & imports. The agenda of the webinar would focus majorly on the following points:
- Impact of COVID-19 on global trade prospects and implications for India’s a trade and industry and overall economic growth trajectory.
- Magnitude and extent of India’s capitalization of global supply chain disruptions triggered by rising trade tensions between the USA & China and accentuated by COVID-19.
- Impediments and imperatives to the growth prospects of trade & industry in the current and next year.
- Policy measures to build scale and size and enhance India’s contribution to global trade significantly.
- The road ahead for strengthening India’s foreign trade and positioning India’s as a global exporting hub and Atmanirbhar Bharat.