India ranks amongst top 10 exporters of agricultural products in the world. According to a report published by WTO’s World Trade Statistical Review 2020, India’s share in global agricultural exports rose from 1.1% in 2000 to 2.2% in 2017, valued at USD 39 billion. In 2019, agri exports declined to 2.1% valued at USD37 billion. The Indian agriculture sector contributes 14.6% to the economy. With the Union Budget 2021-22 pegged at doubling of farmer’s income, the sector will play a crucial role in the nation’s vision of achieving USD 5 trillion economy.
• Director General of Foreign Trade,
• Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority,
• Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage,
• Reserve Bank of India,
• State Agriculture Marketing Dept.
• State Horticulture or Agriculture Dept.