Funding Startups in India - An update, April 23
April 23, 2019
1. Kunal Shah’s financial technology platform Cred is in talks with China’s Hillhouse Capital and some of its existing investors to raise $100 million (Rs 692 crore), reports ET.
2. Health and fitness startup CureFit may raise $75 million funding led by Accel Growth and Chiratae Ventures. The deal, when completed, is expected to value the company at about $500 million, reports ET.
3. French ad firm Publicis Groupe agreed to buy digital marketing firm Epsilon from Alliance Data Systems for $4.4 billion in cash.
4. US private equity giant KKR Inc’s India arm is set to launch an India-dedicated Rs 5,000-crore credit fund.
5. Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries’ offline retail subsidiary Reliance Retail is reportedly looking to foray into B2B ecommerce, offering smartphones, televisions, garments, spices and soap to retailers.
6. Personal care and cosmetics brand Lotus Herbals is looking to divest 10-15 per cent stake to a private equity investor to fund acquisitions, reports ET.
7. Electricals company Anchor by Panasonic is eyeing three acquisitions and planning to build a new facility in Andhra Pradesh, reports ET.