Funding Startups in India - An update, January 9
Jan 9th, 2019
1. Paytm launches new QR; adds support for RuPay cards.
2. James Murdoch’s Lupa Systems makes the first India investment with Harappa Education.
3. Edtech startup Testbook raises Rs 60 Cr led by Iron Pillar.
4. Piyush Goyal directs SIDBI, CGTMSE to set up a framework for faster processing of SME loans.
5. Samsung Electronics estimates Q4 operating profit down by 34pc.
6. SaaS startup HighRadius becomes 2020's first unicorn, raises $125M in Series B from ICONIQ Capital, others.
7. Mantra Capital launches a $60M early-stage fund to invest in Indian, US startups.
8. PhonePe launches a new savings product ‘Liquid Fund’ for users on the platform.
9. QR code facility for voters to be in 11 assembly constituencies in Delhi.
10. After Byju’s, OYO is now a Harvard Business School case study.
11. University admissions company Leverage Edu raises $1.5M in a round by DSG, Blume.
12. GoMechanic raises $14.7M in Series B round led by Sequoia Capital, Chiratae Ventures.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India