Funding Startups in India - An update, May 3
May 3, 2019
1. The Chinese video app TikTok is no longer available in Google and Apple app stores in India after a state court prohibited its downloads.
2. OYO China has fired 25 employees for unethical practices and misconduct, and issued warnings to over 100 more
3. Mukesh Ambani-led RIL gears up for e-comm initiatives, has begun withdrawing its products such as clothes, shoes including fashion and lifestyle products from its rival marketplaces like Amazon and Flipkart.
4. Reliance Jio Infocomm has approached the telecom department for in-flight connectivity licence, according to sources.
5. CivilCops, A Civic-tech Startup Raises Investment from Alfa Ventures
6. Supply chain management startup Increff has raised $3 Mn (INR 20.8 Cr) from Flipkart cofounder Binny Bansal and venture capital company 021 Capital.
7. Drug major Cipla Ltd is acquiring a 30 per cent stake in South African healthcare firm Brandmed (Pty) Ltd for Rs 32 crore
8. Motilal Oswal PE-backed Kurl-on, a mattress maker, has acquired US-based brand Spring Air’s operations across India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
Keyphrsases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India, Funding Startups in India