India Startup Funding Update, Dec 28
Dec 28, 2018
1. Shikhar Dhawan and his wife Aesha launch their premium home décor brand ‘DaONE Home’
2. SoftBank may lead $120M-$150M funding in Grofers, reported ET.
3. Ibibo founder Ashish Kashyap launches his second venture IndWealth and has raised an estimated $30 million in seed funding from hedge fund Steadview Capital.
4. IBM to acquire software company Red Hat for $34 billion
5. Indians spent over Rs 50,000 crore on Chinese smartphones in FY18, nearly twice what they spent on them in the previous fiscal.
6. Fashion jewellery startup Sukkhi raises $7 million from Carpediem Capital, Duane Park
7. Essel Green-backed ZipGo acquires Pune-based bus aggregator Supreme Trans Concepts in a cash-and-stock deal.
8. Sixth Sense Ventures invests in edutech firm Eupheus Learning
9. Online medical supplies aggregator Medikabazaar has raised $5 million led by Quadria Capital-backed healthcare venture capital fund HealthQuad.
10. Ready-to-drink tea maker Invenmi has raised $150,000 from US-based venture capital firm Austin Seed Ventures.
11. Blue collar ecosystem solutions management firm BetterPlace is looking to raise Rs 100 crore ($13.6 million) in its Series B round of funding, reported ET.
12. Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal may invest up to $100m in EV maker Ather Energy, reported LiveMint.
13. NinjaCart, a marketing and delivery platform for agriculture produce, is in advanced talks to raise $20-25 million from existing investor Accel Partners and new investors, reported DealStreetAsia.
14. Workspace Provider IndiQube Enters Mumbai Market, Now Present in 5 Cities Across India
15. Next 10 Ventures Launches First Global EduCreator Incubator in Learning and Education
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India