India Startup Funding Update, Dec 31
Dec 31, 2018
1. Cyber security firm Lucideus Tech has raised $5 million (over Rs 36 crore) in funding, led by Cisco Chairman Emeritus John Chambers.
2. Edtech startup UpGrad has acquired Gurugram-headquartered job skilling platform AcadView for an undisclosed amount.
3. Online gaming platform GamingMonk has raised Rs 4 crore from Japan-based Incubate Fund, Rajan Anandan, VP, Google India & South East Asia.
4. Alibaba-backed BigBasket may end up raising about $300-400 million as part of the latest funding talks, at $1.5-2 billion valuation, reported LiveMint.
5. Internet first apparel brand TURMS, which sells stain repellent, odour-resistant daily wear has raised Rs 6.3 crore from a clutch of angels.
6. China’s OnePlus set to foray into Indian smart TV market, recently announced the formation of a new division to develop Smart TVs.
7. News Corp-backed realty portal PropTiger forays into global property brokerage market, opens office in Dubai
8. Myntra is expanding its portfolio of private brands with the launch of a plus size apparel brand, Sztori, designed to suit a larger range of body shapes and sizes.
9. Payment solutions firm AGS Transact Technologies Ltd. gets SEBI nod to float an initial public offering (IPO).
10. AuthBridge, India’s leading employee background data intelligence firm steps up to become the largest Indian company in employee screening & verification – acquires Bangalore-based Footprints Collateral Service
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India