India Startup Funding Update, Jan 14
Jan 14, 2019
1. Healthcare startup Cure.fit is boosting its mental wellness business Mind.fit with the acquisition of Bengaluru-based mental health platform Seraniti.
2. Mumbai-based industrialist Akshaypat Singhania, is stepping into the startup space, allocating Rs 100 crore towards backing early-stage ventures.
3. Signzy, which provides digital onboarding solution for financial institutions, has secured Rs 24 crore from a clutch of investors led by Stellaris Venture Partners and Kalaari Capital to fuel its expansion plans.
4. Xiaomi has opened more than 500 Mi Stores across villages in India by October 29.
5. Jungle Ventures, Softbank’s DeepCore invest $29.5 mn in software marketplace Engineer.ai
6. Aye Finance, a Gurgaon-based digital lending startup for small and medium businesses, has raised ₹70 crore in debt funding from social impact fund BlueOrchard.
7. BigBasket is expecting 40% of its projected revenue to come in from its private labels.
8. Digital lending app InCred has secured a funding of Rs 300 crore led by founder Bhupinder Singh and its private equity investors like Paragon Partners by Siddharth Parekh.
9. Ola is expanding its operations in the UK with extension of its services in South West England.
10. MakeMyTrip appoints Vipul Prakash as COO
11. Healthcare technology firm CitiusTech is looking to more than double its revenue to $500 million in five years
12. Agritech startup CropIn Technology has raised $8 million in its Series B round of funding from Chiratae Ventures and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
13. DeTech Technologies, a Chennai-based robotics start-up, raised $3.3 million in a Series A funding round led by SAIF Partners.
14. Instagram is finally cracking down on fake followers, likes, and comments generated by applications tailored to make accounts appear more popular than they actually are.
15. Fintech & Big Data Technology Platform Goals101 Expands Operations to Qatar, Middle East
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India