India Startup Funding Update, Jan 2
Jan 2, 2019
1. Ola is reportedly finalising a $100 million (about Rs 735 crore) investment from its existing backer Hong Kong-based hedge fund, Steadview Capital, at $5.5-$6.5 billion valuation.
2. Pet Care brand Captain Zack raises $1.5 mn in Pre-Series A led by industrialists Kushal Desai and Chaitanya Desai through their family office.
3. San Francisco and Delhi-based financial research platform Sentieo has raised $19 million (about Rs 140 crore) in its Series A round led by growth equity firm Centana Growth Partners.
4. Fintech lending startup Nira has closed a seed funding round of $ 1 million from angle investors in the United Kingdom and India.
5. SIDBI is now working on an internal model to rate the venture capital firms before investing in them via its flagship Rs 10,000 Cr Fund-of-Funds for Startups (FFS) scheme.
6. Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures Backs Singapore-based virtual reality startup HoloSuit.
7. Byju’s is expected to be valued at $3.5 billion at the close of its ongoing funding round of $200-300M, reported Mint.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India