India Startup Funding Update, Jan 4
Jan 4, 2019
1. Chinese early and growth stage VC fund Shunwei Capital raises $1.21 Bn in latest global fund, to double down on India
2. Amazon is set to acquire 9.5% stake in Future Retail next week for Rs 2,500 Cr.
3. SoftBank exec Kabir Misra's fund may invest in social commerce company Meesho and insurance provider Acko, reports Mint.
4. Amazon to invest in creating regional content for fast-growing Prime Video
5. KPMG to expand India front, looks to hire 9,000 employees
6. Amazon India logistics arm-Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) has received Rs 122 crore fresh capital from its parent entities Amazon Corporate Holdings and Amazon.com, reports ET.
7. Telangana government has now scheduled the launch of its prototyping centre T-Works for electronics, electromechanical and mechanical startups and individuals by April 2019.
8. Impact investor and advisor Aavishkaar Group is looking to raise $300M for its South Asia-focused fund early next year to invest in Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar and Laos among others.
9. Innov8 Cowroking is going operational with four new enters in Nov’18 in Delhi/NCR and Mumbai.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India