India Startup Funding Update, Oct 15
Oct 15, 2018
1. Online home design startup Livspace has secured $70 million in a series-C round led by private equity firm TPG Growth and Goldman Sachs.
2. After expanding aggressively in China, Softbank backed Indian budget hotel brand OYO Hotels forays into London, United Kingdom on Wednesday.
3. Google, which recently rebranded its payment offering from Tez to Google Pay, has 25 million monthly active users who have collectively carried out about 860 million transactions over the past year.
4. Flipkart has pumped Rs 3,463 crore (USD 494 Mn) into main e-commerce unit Flipkart Internet in the first major capital infusion after Walmart bought majority stake in the online platform, reported ET.
5. Medtech Startup Cyclop Raises $1 Mn From Unitus Ventures, Others
6. Digital news and media platform NewsBytes has raised $1 Mn in a Pre-Series A funding round.
7. PE firm Samara Capital and Amazon have signed a deal to acquire food and grocery retail chain More for about Rs 4200 crore enterprise valuation.
8. Myntra plans to open 100 offline stores in the next two years.