Sept 5, 2018
1. ClearDekho Becomes the First Retail Brand in India to Raise Funds from SOSV-MOX, Asia’s Leading Mobile Accelerator
2. Urban Ladder wants to raise $35-40 million to expand its offline presence, adding stores in Mumbai, Chennai and Pune by January.
3. Swiggy has held discussions with a host of investors to raise $500-700 million, a significant portion of which Tencent wants to contribute. The investment could value Swiggy at $2.5-3 billion, reported ET.
4. Fireside Ventures is on the verge to complete investment of $16 Million in 18 deals from its first fund which it had raised in March with a corpus of $49 Million.
5. Vernacular focused news and entertainment aggregation DailyHunt has raised over $6 million as a part of Series E funding round from New York-based hedge fund Falcon Edge.
6. HappyEasyGo, an online travel agency (OTA) platform, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A+ round from Korea’s KIP, Samsung, China’s CITIC Capital and other Chinese investors.
7. Amazon today launched Hindi version of its online shopping website for Android mobile (app and web) users.
8. Walmart’s local R&D division acqui-hires micro-app startup Appsfly.io, a startup which develops micro-apps, will come on board.
9. Pune based Persistent Systems had acquired Herald Technologies, a US based healthtech startup for an enterprise valuation of $5.2 mn.
10. Early stage VC firm WaterBridge Ventures has exited its investment in online education startup Unacademy after selling stake to three venture capital firms Sequoia Capital, SAIF Partners and Nexus Venture Partners in the Bengaluru-based startup.
11. On Monday, ETMoney announced that it is shifting its platform to enable investments in zero-commission, direct mutual funds.
12. Ambit Finvest, part of investment bank Ambit Group, has acquired Finmax Credit & Finance, a unit of fintech firm Finmax that finances small and medium enterprises.