Dec 15, 2018
1. Google will soon launch its ‘Shopping’ tab in India, allowing users to search for products to buy and directing them to merchant websites or e-commerce platforms for product listings. Google is talking to e-commerce firms such as Flipkart, Snapdeal and Paytm for partnership.
2. Jack Ma, executive chairman of China's Alibaba Group, plans to open an institute to train thousands of tech entrepreneurs in Indonesia.
3. Nazara Technologies is gearing up to make a slew of acquisitions, particularly in the real money gaming space, across its home market India as well as the African continent.
4. Paytm has set aside Rs 200 crore to promote unified payments interface-based transactions this festive season.
5. TCS is giving offers to 28,000 campus recruits this year, the highest number of offers it has made to freshers in the last three years.
6. Walmart has acquired online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities for an undisclosed amount.
7. Bengaluru-based mobile entertainment company OnMobile Global Limited has said to acquire 100% shares of Sweden-based Appland, in an amount “not exceeding 15M”.
8. Zomato has signed a definitive agreement to raise a primary funding of about $210M from Alibaba-owned digital payment subsidiary Alipay Singapore Holdings Pte Ltd.
9. Amazon has reportedly offered over $400 million for a minority stake in RP-SG’s food and grocery retail chain, Spencer’s Retail.
10. Ranjit Gupta and Murali Subramanian, former CEO and COO, respectively, of global private equity firm Actis LLP’s Ostro Energy Pvt. Ltd, are in talks to initially raise $100 million to establish a renewable energy platform in India, reported DealStreetAsia.
11. Cloudera appoints Vinod Ganesan as India Country Head
12. myGate, a mobile-based security management solution for gated premises, has raised Series A funds of Rs 65 Cr led by existing investor Prime Venture Partners.
13. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 6.72 per cent shares of ANI Technologies by Lazarus.
14. personalized food recommendation engine, Spoonshot Inc. (formerly Dishq) has acquired Hyderabad-headquartered restaurant analytics startup Brisky
15. Oyo has further expanded its global reach by launching operations in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
16. Delhi based instant lending startup, RevFin, has raised an undisclosed amount in the seed funding round from a group of angel investors.
Keyphrases: Raising Funds in India, Doing Business in India, Investing in India, Make in India, Startups in India, Raising money in India, find investors in India