When it comes to budget accommodation, AirBnB is your best bet. You also get to experience the local cultures up close when you stay with a localhost. Safety is a major concern when it comes to AirBnB, however.
In India, the AirBnB community is a relatively new one and is picking up fast. Most tourist destinations have great options for you to book your accommodation. These AirBnB listings are put up by rather interesting hosts who can make your experience extremely fun. In fact, some of these AirBnB facilities are almost as good as a five-star hotel with great amenities. Of course, India is known globally for its hospitality.
That said, one must always take necessary precautions to avoid any unpleasant experiences. These simple tips will ensure that you have the best AirBnB experience during your stay in India:
- Choose verified hosts: Only when a host provides all the credentials required by AirBnB is he or she approved and verified. When you are booking a room, ensure that you find all credentials such as the name, phone number, email ID and more.
- Check the ratings: This is, by far, the best way to check if you are making the right choice. Avoid places that have not been reviewed yet. Read these reviews to understand the challenges that some guests may have faced.
- Connect with the host: Hosts can contact guests and vice versa. Use the credentials provided along with the listing to get an idea about the host. This will give you a fair idea about the person. Make use of social media to get to know your host better.
- Keep communication clear: Make sure you ask your host questions about any added tariffs such as power or internet besides the rent of the room mentioned on AirBnB. The last thing you want to do is squabble about money. If you want to have friends over, always ask the host if it is alright.
- Have a backup plan: One can never be too prepared. Check for other options around the area that you want to stay in. In case you find that the host is not as delightful as you expected, you can always change your mind.