That depends on if you are traveling alone or with a group, time of the year you are traveling to India, number of days you will stay in India, parts of India you will be visiting, your stay, mode of your travel within India, any activities you will participate in and, finally, the US dollar to Indian rupees excange rate.
For just a back-of-envelope calculations, assuming that you are going single in the month of March, for 10 days, visiting the cities of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra, that are roughly 150-175 miles from one-another.
- 4 or 5 start hotels in Delhi region: Range is Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 15,000 per night
7 days: Rs. 4,000 x 7 = Rs. 28,000
- Breakfast: free
- Lunch: Rs. 600 x 10 days: Rs. 6,000
- Dinner: Rs. 1,500 x 7: Rs. 10,500, inclusive of an alcoholic drink
- Travel within Delhi:
- Taxi via taking Uber or Ola (similar to Uber) at Rs. 1,000 per day: Rs. 7,000
- Local site-seeing (guided tour): Rs. 3,000
- Travel to Agra, Jaipur and back to Delhi - A 3 day trip
- Travel via rented car, Chauffeur driven: Rs. 15,000
- Lunch: Rs. 600 x 3: Rs. 1,800
- Dinner: Rs. 1,000 x 3: Rs. 3,000
- Accommodation: Rs. 3,000 x 3: Rs. 9000
Finally, it is end of your stay in India and you fly back to US.
So, the total cost of your 10 day trip to India: Rs. 83,300
Current US dollar to Indian rupee exchnage rate: Rs. 70 per USD
So, the total cost in US dollars with this rough estimation = Rs. 83,300/70 = USD 1,190
The cost of your airline ticket to India is not included in this calculation.