Connecting Businesses with Opportunities in India

india visa

Submitted by Navin Pathak on Mon, 09/14/2015 - 9:10pm.

People who lose their passport with their valid Indian visa must contact their respective country's Embassy for their new replacement passport and apply for an exit visa with the Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO), Government of India. This process takes up to 2-3 business days. You cannot leave India without this visa. More information on obtaining an exit visa will be provided when you come to apply for a replacement passport. Exit visas are not issued on weekends or Indian holidays.

Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO)

Level 2, East Block 8
Sector 1, R.K. Puram 
(Behind Hyatt Regency)
New Delhi

Phone:  +91-11-2671-1348 / 1443

Hours: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
Lunch:  1:30 pm - 2:00 pm


You must report the loss of your passport and visa to the local Indian Police and obtain a police report.  Please report the loss of the visa to the Fraud Prevention Unit at:

  1. Your name, date and place of birth, and nationality.
  2. Your address and phone number.
  3. A photocopy of the lost visa, if available, or the date and place of issuance, if known.
  4. A photocopy of the bio-data page of your lost passport, if available.  If not, the nationality and number of your lost passport as well as the issuance and expiration dates, if available.
  5. Circumstances of the loss: When and how your passport was lost or stolen.
Submitted by Navin Pathak on Wed, 04/15/2015 - 11:49pm.

If you are planning to travel to India and avail its Visa-on-arrival facility, then you must know that you need pre-authorization of visa prior to your travel to India.

General thought is that the Indian visa is granted on arrival but this is a wrong presumption.

Under the e-Tourist visa scheme, a foreign tourist would apply for a visa online by uploading his photograph and passport and also paying his visa fee online. The visa authorities would then process his application and send him an electronic travel authorization, or simply e-visa, via e-mail within 72 hour

The e-visa scheme presently covers 45 countries and can be availed across nine international airports. With the expansion of the scheme by June, the list will go up to 76 countries and 16 airports.

Among the countries whose citizens will now be eligible for e-visas are Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Belgium, Colombia, Cuba, Guatemala, Hungary, Ireland, Jamaica, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Mozambique, the Netherlands, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Surinam, Sweden, Tanzania, East Timor, Turks & Caicos Islands, the UK, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Submitted by Navin Pathak on Mon, 11/03/2014 - 11:11am.

The Indian consulate to which you shall apply for visa depends on the State you live in.  Other than  Indian Embassy there are 4 Indian consulates and they all have their own state jurisdictions.

A) Indian Embassy

Consular Wing, 2536  Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington D.C. 20008; +1-202-939-9806

Consular Jurisdiction: Bermuda, Delaware, District of Columbia,  Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia 

B) Consulates

Consulate General of India – New York
3 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065

Consular Jurisdiction: Connecticut, Maine,  Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virgin Islands

Consulate General of India – San Francisco
540 Arguello Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94118

Consular Jurisdiction: Alaska, Arizona,  California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Consulate General of India – Chicago
455 North City Front Plaza Drive
NBC Tower Building, Suite No. 850
Chicago, IL 60611

Consular Jurisdiction: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Consulate General of India – Houston
4300 Scotland Street
Houston, TX 77007

Consular Jurisdiction: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas