RITIN, Bryant University, Entry India organized webinar on India Textile sector
Updated May 05, 2021 11:29 pm
Entry India in partnership with Rhode Island Textile Innovation Network, Bryant University and State of Rhode Island, USA organized a webinar about the business opportunities in the Indian textile sector.
The webinar was held on May 5th at 9.30 AM IST.
Speakers included: Speakers: Sh. Randhir Jaiswal (Consul General, Consulate General of India in NY), Dr. A Sakhtivel, Chairman, Apparel Export Promotion Council, Dr. V.K. Kothari, Katherine Therieau Michael McKeldon Woody Steve Perry C., Navin Pathak, and Sudarshan Sharma.
- What are India's strengths in the textile sector and what does it need?
- How is India’s infrastructure for smart textiles?
- We don't have production of Nylon & Nylon 6.6 and most of the manufacturers are importing ….there is an opportunity here ..As a country we should focus on that
- We see there is increased demand for micro fiber based fabric from US textile industry (especially home textiles & sports segment). India is still lacking in this sector. Any opportunities in domestic manufacturing for this product category
- How do you see technical textiles developing in India? It is a high R&D intensive segment..However, application in India is still low beacuse of high price..How could the penetration be improved? Can institutions like IIT come up with a strategic roadmap for affordable technical textiles for the industry?
- What are the opportunities and challenges for 'Startups' in Textile Sector, specially in context of US-India market space?
- How do US companies in the textile sector compare in terms of prices with countries like China / other Asian countries?
- Do you see more US companies adopting near shoring (nearest sourcing) like Central/ Latin Americas..Would that hit imports from Asian markets?
- Do you see any opportunity for stressed asset acquisitions/investments in India?
Navin Pathak, COO at Entry India, talked about the ways companies can use Entry India's platform https://entryindia.com/projects for sharing about their business interest and who they are looking for to do business with. He also shared about Entry India's unique partnership model to support companies from India in establishing their presence in US and vice versa.